Our eyes communicate so much to the people we interact with on a daily basis. There are a number of reasons your eyes may be communicating fatigue, frustration, sadness or other emotions you aren’t actually feeling. The main reason is age-related: As you grow older, the skin surrounding your eyes gets thinner and less elastic. At the same time, the eyelid muscles weaken, and the fat becomes displaced. All of this leads to:
- Dark circles below your eyes
- Droopy, puffy upper eyelids
- Bags beneath your eyes
- Wrinkles around your eyes and on your lower eyelids
So, what’s the best way to eliminate sad, tired looking eyes? Talk to board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jonathan Fugo about your candidacy for the treatments below.
- Eyelid surgery: This is perhaps the top procedure for aging upper and lower eyelids. Blepharoplasty tightens sagging eyelids and re-shapes the displaced fat, restoring well-defined eyelid contours.
- Xeomin®: This injectable softens the muscle contractions that lead to crow’s feet. Skin at the corner of your eyes will look smoother and more youthful as a result.
- Brow lift: This cosmetic procedure lifts a sagging forehead upward to a smooth, youthful position. The procedure includes lifting the heavy, drooping tissue off of your upper eyelids. Patients look less tired and younger after a brow lift.
The only way to know which option may be right for you is to meet with Dr. Fugo. As an experienced plastic surgeon, he is able to assess your unique concerns and discuss all of the ways of achieving your aesthetic goals.
The signs of aging around your eyes are worsened by excessive alcohol use, smoking, stress, lack of sleep, certain health conditions, allergies and hormone imbalances. There may be lifestyle changes you can make (stay hydrated, prioritize quality sleep) to boost the results you get with aesthetic surgery.
Refresh Your Eyes
Dr. Fugo is ready to help you find the right combination of treatments to rejuvenate your eyes. To arrange a consultation at our New Windsor practice, please call our team at 845-565-7040.