Facelift & Neck Lift
We all begin to develop signs of aging in the face in neck over time. Eventually fine lines, wrinkles, jowls and other signs of aging begin to form, and become more prominent as you get older. Fortunately, there are solutions to help you restore a more youthful appearance. Depending on your unique needs and goals, a facelift and/or a neck lift can help you turn back the clock and reverse these signs of aging.
Very few procedures can deliver the highly customized, comprehensive, long-term results accomplished by a facelift. Dr. Fugo can help you look decades younger after your procedure.
Dr. Jonathan Fugo is a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing facelift and neck lift procedures on men and women in the New Windsor, NY area. You can receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. Fugo in person. Please call 845-565-7040 today to schedule a consultation.
What Can a Facelift Address?
A facelift provides comprehensive facial rejuvenation results in the middle and lower regions of your face. Your procedure can address a wide range of concerns, including:
- Nasolabial folds (lines extending from your nose to the corners of your mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines extending from the corners of your mouth to your chin)
- Deep creases across the face
- Sagging facial skin and muscles
- Sagging in the middle portion of your face
- Fallen fat pockets and tissue
- Hollows underneath the eyes
- Deep facial folds near the mouth
- The appearance of a double chin
- Banding in the neck region
While nonsurgical solutions such as dermal fillers do restore lost volume, quickly addressing mild to moderate signs of again, a facelift is sometimes necessary to address sagging tissue, thereby providing more comprehensive facial rejuvenation results.
Am I a Facelift Candidate?
Ideal facelift candidates:
- Are in good overall health
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure
- Would like to correct signs of aging in the middle to lower facial region
- Prefer customized, long-lasting results
- Do not smoke, vape nor use any nicotine products, or are ready to permanently quit prior to surgery.
Keep in mind that a facelift focuses on the central and lower part of your face. If you are interested in reversing the signs of aging around your eyes or forehead, Dr. Fugo may recommend one of the following procedures to more effectively address your goals:
Your Facelift Procedure
Dr. Fugo understands that everyone is impacted by the aging process in different ways. In order to achieve beautiful, natural looking results, he will develop a customized treatment plan that complements your facial features and addresses the specific signs of aging you experience.
Depending on your unique needs and goals, Dr. Fugo may recommend one of the following facelift techniques:
- Full facelift – This technique addresses the entire face, upper, middle and lower regions including your eyes and neck. It is the most comprehensive technique and delivers the most dramatic results.
- Mid facelift – This technique focuses on signs of aging in the central and lower portion of your face, including your cheeks.
Your procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under light anesthesia. Depending on the technique used, incisions will be made either in your hairline, at the temples or behind the ears. Dr. Fugo always works to ensure your incisions are as discreet as possible.
Excess skin will be removed. Appropriate facial volume is restored while the deeper tissue and muscle layers are tightened to provide additional support. The remaining skin is redraped over the restored facial sturctures for a more youthful appearance.
If your primary goal is to address signs of aging in the neck region, Dr. Fugo may recommend a neck lift. This can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with a facelift for enhanced results.
Your procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under light anesthesia. During your procedure, loose muscles in the neck region are tightened. In addition, loose skin is removed in order to address sagging and restore a more youthful jawline and neck appearance. If you have excess fat under your chin, Dr. Fugo will address this with your neck lift for enhanced results.
Recovery after a Facelift or Neck Lift
You will typically need about 3-4 days of rest and recovery after a facelift or neck lift. Most patients return to work and/or daily activities within 5-7 days. You may resume unrestricted activity and exercise at 14 days.
You’ll gradually experience results as swelling subside. It may take approximately 6-8 weeks before your final outcome is acheived.
Contact our New Windsor Plastic Surgeon
Please contact Dr. Jonathan Fugo using the form on this page or call 845-565-7040 today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in New Windsor and the surrounding areas of New York.