Whether you’ve been living with scars for a year or several decades, the marks left behind on your skin can be extremely frustrating to deal with. Perhaps you’re constantly reminded of an acne breakout from your teen years. Or maybe the scars are a constant reminder of a previous surgery, injury, or trauma. While some may settle with the idea that scars never go away, there are treatment options available at Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care Center to help men and women like you diminish the appearance of scarring.
Benefits of Scar Revision
Dr. Fugo sees men and women of all ages with a wide range of scars from varying causes at his New Windsor plastic surgery practice. Scar revision helps enhance the appearance of your skin by diminishing the appearance of scars and often providing a major confidence boost. You may benefit from scar revision if you are unhappy with visible scarring such as:
- Keloid scars (red or dark, thick, raised scar tissue that surrounds a wound site)
- Hypertrophic scars (similar to keloid, but is scar tissue in the area of the wound)
- Facial Scars (such as from acne, a previous injury, etc.)
- Contractures (burns or loss of skin that pulls skin together)
- Other types of scarring
How Dr. Fugo Can Help Reduce the Appearance of Scars
There are many different techniques and treatment options for scar revision and Dr. Fugo ensures that each and every one of his patients receives a personalized plan for their unique skin and priorities. Choosing the right treatment for you will depend on what type of scar you are seeking to improve:
- Injections are an effective treatment for scars that involve redness, itching, or burning. This is a common treatment option for our patients living with keloid and hypertrophic scarring. Bonus: these medications can also help shrink the scar in most situations.
- Laser Resurfacing is almost always incorporated into your scar management strategy. Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery and Laser Skin Care offers 5 different and completely unique laser technologies for scar revision.
- Surgical approach to scar revision involves Dr. Fugo surgically removing the scar tissue and carefully closing the site with a clean, fresh suture line.
While it never hurts to understand your treatment options, Dr. Fugo may simply suggest that you give your body time to heal itself. Which treatment option is right for you depends on a great variety of factors, all which will be discussed during your consultation.
Scar Revision in New Windsor at Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care Center
If you are interested in scar revision at Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care Center in New York, schedule your initial consultation today to begin your journey to improved skin!