If your chin appears weak or underdeveloped, it can affect the overall proportion of your face. A weak chin can impact the definition of the jawline or add unwanted prominence to the nose or forehead. Fortunately, chin augmentation can provide balance and harmony to your facial features and improve your confidence and self-image.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of a weak chin, contact Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care today online or at 845-565-7040 to arrange your initial consultation. Our office in New Windsor, New York welcomes patients from throughout the Hudson Valley region, NYC, and nearby areas.
What Is Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation is performed to create proportion and balance on the entire face. At Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care, chin augmentation can involve either a surgical or non-surgical approach, including:
- Chin implants: A chin implant is a biocompatible device that is placed to create a well-proportioned chin appearance. Results are extremely long-lasting and chin implants may never need to be replaced.
- Injectable fillers: This minimally-invasive chin augmentation option utilizes cosmetic injectables to alter the size and shape of the jawline. Results can be maintained with touch-up treatments and last up to two years.
Your ideal chin augmentation option depends on your unique features and goals. During your initial consultation with Dr. Fugo, he will assess your anatomical attributes, explain all of your treatment options, and recommend the approach that best meets your lifestyle, budget, and desired outcome.
Chin Implant Before and After
Benefits Of Chin Augmentation
Chin augmentation offers a variety of benefits to patients, including:
- Proportion, symmetry, and balance of facial features
- Reduced appearance of dimpling caused by a loose chin
- Increased vertical chin height for a longer-looking face
- Increased facial width by widening the chin
- Increased projection of the lower face for an enhanced facial profile
- Improved appearance of early jowl formation for a more youthful look
As a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of proven experience providing outstanding results, Dr. Fugo is committed to creating results that are balanced, elegant, and natural-looking. He combines his extensive knowledge with surgical expertise and an artistic eye to deliver results that are truly exceptional. Every patient is unique, and your chin augmentation will be specifically designed just for you.
Is Chin Augmentation Right for Me?
If you want to address a weak or recessed chin to achieve improved facial symmetry, chin augmentation can help you reach your goals. Chin augmentation is an ideal option for patients who would like to:
- Diminish a full or double-chin effect caused by a small chin bone
- Sharpen the jawline or neck for more defined contours
- Strengthen the facial profile by augmenting a recessed or weak chin
- Create a more natural balance between the size of the chin and other facial features
The best way to determine if chin augmentation is right for you is to meet personally with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jonathan Fugo in a confidential consultation at out office. During your initial consult, Dr. Fugo will assess your facial features and explain all of your treatment options. Together, you will tailor an individualized plan to attain your desired outcome.
Chin Implant Surgery
Also referred to as mentoplasty or genioplasty, chin implant surgery is an outpatient facial plastic surgery procedure performed under general or local anesthesia. During the procedure, a small incision is made discreetly under the chin or inside the mouth along the crease of the lower lip and gums. A chin implant is then placed into the pocket and directly on the bone to create a more attractive jawline. The incision is meticulously stitched closed to promote optimal healing.
Chin surgery is usually completed in less than an hour, and you will go home shortly after your procedure.
Chin Surgery Recovery
You may experience some swelling and soreness following surgery. Dr. Fugo will prescribe medication to help you manage any discomfort, as well as possible antibiotics to prevent post-operative infection.
You should plan to take about two weeks off from work to rest and recover from your procedure. Although the results from chin implant surgery are almost immediately noticeable, it may take time to fully see your outcome until all swelling has completely dissipated.
Dr. Fugo will provide you with detailed pre and postoperative instructions and monitor your healing through regular follow-up appointments to ensure an optimal recovery. We invite you to review our before and after gallery to see examples of Dr. Fugo’s exquisite results for yourself.
Schedule Your Chin Augmentation Today
To learn more about your chin augmentation options and to schedule a personal consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jonathan Fugo, contact our office today by completing the form on this page or calling 845-565-7040. Dr. Fugo Plastic Surgery & Laser Skin Care is located in New Windsor, New York and serves patients from across the Hudson Valley region, NYC, and surrounding areas.